life_is_beautiful

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yeah!

It has been a long journey and it was fast race toward the end (for me), but I had an excellent time and great pride and joy.

I tend to think a lot and don't normally put things down in writing so Blogger has been a great tool for me to put some my thought down in writing. I will continue using it without a doubt. I am a photographer so Flickr is an excellence place for me to share my passion with others.
I also love Podcasts and eAudiobooks. They have expanded my possibility in learning and gained knowledge and believe me I had learned a lot in the past 8 weeks.

However sadly to say, I don't think all library branches are created equal. While at Main library might have sufficient equipments to support this excellence learning experience, but not at the branch I work for. If it is not because I have access to a personal computer and internet at home, I would not otherwise be able to finish this journey.

Although I consider myself quite computer savvy, I feel there is not enough time to learn three things in a week. When you talk about learning each list, there are many other things that you also have to learn in order to complete that particular list. I personally don’t think that our library is yet built to support this learning environment. My suggestion is that in the future, maybe we can all just learn one thing a week (instead of three things.) and let most of our staff to catch up and allow enough time to play, explore, discuss, and most importantly have fun with it.

All that said I absolutely will be participating in the future. For me, anything is worth learning as Martina Horner, President of Radcliffe College quote “What is important is to keep learning, to enjoy challenge, and to tolerate ambiguity. In the end there are no certain answers.”
Please just make sure that I will have enough time to explore and although prizes are not necessary (as you will be rewarded from your learning experience and every steps you take) but it certainly help motivating me (and you too.)

Thank you for the opportunity to take this great learning journey. Thank to Helene and others staff who make this Learning 2.0 happen. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

Congrats on completing 23 things. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Perhaps we'll do this again and if so we have room for improvement.

Helene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home